Friday 8 March 2013

Hope, Dream, Wish

Got to dash this morning as I'm due at the hairdressers but I just had to post my pic of a card I made for a dear friend.  I was inspired by the fabulous dressform over at Our Creative Corner and the lovely colours of pink, blue and cream.  I used a little Blockheads stamp I've had for ages and gave her some embossed wings.  I used some cream paint to tone down the background paper a little and then added a sweet little bouquet of silk flowers tied with seam binding.  The lace and word ribbon across the bottom just adds a bit of softness and there's a little stamped crown (nearly forgot that!) and some pearls to finish.

Its a design I know my friend will love and I'm so pleased to have got the inspiration from this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and I'd be delighted in any comments you'd like to leave.  Also if you get the chance, please pop over to Our Creative Corner to see the lovely shabby chic examples from their design team.

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is sooo gorgeous - It should be framed! You know I adore pastel vintage and this just ticks all the boxes! I adore the flowers, the seam binding is a beautiful addition and the wings added to the mannequin is just genius! Perfect! Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie
    This is so very pretty and I love all the additions to the card.
    I agree with the comment above, this really should be framed.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card! Love the beautiful lace, embossed wings and all the gorgeous details. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week.... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card margie I love the way you have combined pastel and vintage it's lovely Hugs brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this card, stunning and that dress form is wonderful!

    Thanks for your visit to the Snazzys blog and your kind comment, the stencil I used is from Crafty Individuals, they have started to do quite a few masks/stencils, this one is called Beautiful Border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that Astrid - I've ordered it and look forward to playing very soon!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow Margie, your card is gorgeous! I love the background paper and the dress form and the ribbon! Beautiful make - I'm sure your friend will love it!
    __________________
    Best wishes from Asia @ Under a Creative Spell

    ReplyDelete