Sunday 9 March 2014

Vintage ladies domino book

Welcome dear friends on an evening when we've had the most glorious sunshine and I've actually been out working in the garden for a change!  Roll on the summer but in the meantime, here's a tiny domino book I've made for my partner in this swap.  It really strained the old eyes but I do like working in miniature.

First of all, here's the book closed up:

I finished off the front with a little frame holding a tiny portrait which I covered with Glossy Accents to look like glass - really pleased with the way that turned out.

This picture shows the lovely vintage ladies inside:
and the next one is the back of those pages:
and the last picture is the tiny box I made for the book with a little window to show the front of the book inside:


This book is now on its way to Canada - hope my partner likes it!  Oh, by the way we have the first lambs in the field behind our house today, so sweet.  Hope you're all enjoying some better weather at last.  Margie x

Entering this into the Inspired by Stamping "Anything but a Card" challenge here.

9 comments:

  1. I wish it were on its way to Scotland!
    A divine creation and would look so pretty displayed on a vintage dressing table. The box is the sweetest idea, a most beautiful home to tuck that wonderful book.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate, delicious, tiny work of art, Margie - it really is exquisite!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how special it would be to receive such a labour of love-I admire your delicate handiwork!
    Mary, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little domino book is an absolute delight with all of those gorgeous vintage ladies inside, it is a mini work of art Margie! The box is the perfect finishing touch. I think your swap partner is going to be over the moon with this gorgeous creation. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little book, Margie! I love it and I can imagine the challenge of working so small. I'm sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky partner is all I can say!! Wow Margie, this is exquisite! Beautifully done. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at IBS xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE all those beautiful vintage images and the amazing box you created to house your creation! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, love the colours

    ReplyDelete