Thursday 1 May 2014

Life is a Journey

Hello friends -  it seems like absolutely ages since I posted anything but I've been really busy with workshops and WI groups and, of course, my altered books round robin.  The latest book I received was entitled Life is a Journey and I decided to do one spread of a place I know very well (Japan) and another which would be just about an inspirational journey with some great quotes.  Here's my first spread

The base layer was made with the wrapping from some tea towels sent by my Japanese DIL's Mum and the images were from a gorgeous Japanese art catalogue.  The flowers came from a set of cards and the old pen nib was on a card of 9 nibs I bought at a recent collectables fair - really like those - and the broad washi tape was again a gift from my DIL, Norie.  The little bow opens and the flap lifts up to reveal some journalling about my trips to Japan to meet Norie's family .  I really enjoyed doing these pages - very soothing.

The second spread is a bit more lively.

I gesso'd the pages before painting on some Fresco Finish then stencilling leaves and dots.  Lots of Tim Holtz clippings from his wonderful papers and some journalling using my beautiful glass pen (again a gift from Japan) that actually makes my writing legible!  The piece of mesh came from hubby (something to do with tiling I think) and the quotes came from all over the place.  There was one more I would have liked to include but couldn't find room for it.  "Never look back!  If Cinderella had gone back for her shoe, she never would have become a Princess!"  Love it!

Just before I go, here's a tag I made with my lovely new Julie Nutting doll stamp.  This is what we'll be making at my next little workshop - I'm sure the girls will have fun with this one. I know I did.


Hope everyone is well and looking forward to another long weekend (if you are in the UK).  Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate it.  Margie x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages, Margie - I adore the second spread especially… fabulous use of all those TH papers! Going to have to look into glass pens, I can see!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second one as well. I also like your new lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Margie, what beautiful spreads, I love both of them, your attention to detail is always wonderful. I have seen those new Julie Nutting stamps, they are lovely and elegant. I think your ladies will love them too. Nice to see you back in blogland! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete