Wednesday 6 August 2014

Magazine page flowers anyone?

Hello again - I've been playing today making some flowers from cut up magazine pages.  I love the vibrant effects you can achieve just by selecting some lovely coloured pages (my John Lewis magazine was just perfect).  I then cut some squares, folded these in quarters and cut some four-petalled shapes.  The longer pointy petals were done by folding the squares one more time and cutting a long pointy shape! The trick is to remember where the centre of your shape is going to be and making sure you don't cut through that otherwise you'll be left with a pile of separate petals - not what you wanted!

Anyway - here's the picture of my finished flowers

I've used about 5 or 6 different layers for each flower and I love them both although the blue one has turned out really elegantly with that gorgeous button in the middle.  Once my layers were selected, I doodled each petal with black and white pens, curled the edges with a pair of scissors then formed the flower shapes by snipping down into the centre between two petals and sticking those two petals together - I'm sure you've all seen the Tim Holtz method of making flowers....... 

Once the layers were all stuck together, I cut a circle of paper and fringed the edge to make the centre and stuck a button with the shank removed in the middle - job done!

I think these will look great on gift boxes and I might even give them a coat of Mod Podge to make them extra sturdy but they aren't flimsy by any means.  Check out your old magazines for lovely coloured pages and rip away - you'll be hooked.  Thanks for taking the time to pop in.  Margie x

4 comments:

  1. You never fail to impress Margie, I love your gorgeous flowers. I think you are right, this is probably going to be another addiction! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever and very beautiful.
    wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. As stated by Stanford Medical, It's really the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh an average of 19 kilos less than us.

    (And really, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and EVERYTHING to about "how" they are eating.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Tap on this link to discover if this little test can help you discover your true weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete